Monday, November 10, 2008

Don't know what you got til it's gone...

Yes, the title is the name of a song from the 80's. A song by Cinderella, if you're wondering. I heard this song earlier today and it had me thinking about one of my all time besties!
We used to work together what seems like ages ago. She was the only thing that got me through some of my days at that insane place. We clicked practically right from the beginning. We have the same sense of humor. We like a lot of the same things. We just "got" each other. When she was having bad days, she usually wanted to be left alone, but I was SURE to make her laugh a MILLION times before the day was over. When I was having bad days, she knew exactly what to say to make things always seem better. When we were both having quiet days, we could just go to lunch together and literally just say absolutely NOTHING....and be 1,000,000% fine with that! When we were having good days, well, they were pretty freaking great! So many hilarious inside 'secrets', that whenever we even just SAW each other, we'd bust out in laughter.
Well, not to go into too much detail, but I got an email out of the blue from her today. I haven't talked to her in f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!!! Like, really, forever. It basically said something like this:
all i know is that i miss you like crazy and didn't realize how much my bestest buddy really helped me through some tough times....your fab attitude, wonderful wisdom, and extreme support are dearly missed right now.
Can I just say, first of all, how crazy it is that we were both thinking about each other today?! Both missing each other's company. These are just some of the things I'm missing (and I'm sure she'd say the same): hanging out with each other, lunches, laughs, tears, moods, emails, fun times, boring times, emails, serious talks, frustrations, emails, worries, triumphs, HILARIOUS emails, the list goes on. :)
Little things like the song I heard or the email I received today, have made me realize, once again, how much I cherish the friendship I have with my friend and how special she truely is!!! She's the bestest!!!!! ....you know who you are....love you TONS! i mean, tons. XOXOXOOO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto ;)