Saturday, January 17, 2009

What talent?

The picture below says so much. It actually says SO MUCH, that I don't even feel like I need to write anything else after you see the picture (although I probably will). :) See for yourself.


This is another FAVORITE I purchased from Bradley's . I couldn't resist. THE SECOND I laid my eyes on it, I KNEW it was going to be mine on that visit! It could not have spoken to me more powerfully than it did that day. When I read it, I had to hold back the tears because I knew I was guilty of not using everything that has been given to me.

It made me question myself and I hope it makes you do the same. Are you USING EVERY talent you have been given? If not, why aren't you? You were given those talents for a reason. Are you one of those people who THINK they have NO talents? I USED to be one of those people until recently. I used to think I wasn't given an ounce of talent (well, besides making people laugh). I'm gradually discovering what my talents are and I hope you will begin the journey doing the same thing.

When all is said and done, I don't want to be one of the people saying "what talents?!" I want to use every talent I've been given. What about you?

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
JANET! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet,
I just want you to know that you inspire me! I haven't been in the best of moods the past couple of weeks. Feeling down and depressed since I lost my job. But reading your blogs makes me realize there is so much more out there. Things WILL be ok, even though Brian keeps telling me that, and good things are to come. Like you said, being terminated/let go of your job can be and will be the best thing that could happen to me at this point in my life! So THANK YOU for reminding me of that!

xoxo,
k

JANET! said...

awwwww, thanks girl! things WILL be ok. and if ANYONE can make it through anything, you CAN!!! you made me smile tonight! :) xoxooo

Ruth said...

I wish I had more discipline and energy!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've gone through that and am now at an age where I can look back and see what I have made of my life-- actually I feel pretty good about it and wouldn't change one thing. My blog is about part of my life's journey.That doesnt mean to say that when I was you age i didnt go through the doubts-but-- that's life!