Here are some of my top resolutions. And, actually, I'm not going to call them resolutions this year, I'm calling them resolves! I was going to call them promises because I don't like the word resolution, but I just read this blog post, and I'm calling them resolves from here on. To sum it up......
Resolution: noun. a formal expression of opinion or intention made.
Resolve: verb. to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do something)1. Lose weight and be healthy. What else would be #1, right?! I know losing weight doesn't always = healthy, but I'm going to lose weight the healthy way with Body For Life. It's a great program. I want to be healthy, feel better about myself, and feel attractive for my husband again. I feel like I've gotten out of control and I do NOT like that feeling. I want to lose some weight before we have a baby....yeah, yeah, sounds weird, but I want to be IN SHAPE first. Another reason is a little selfish. I want to wear cute clothes again! I want to wear girlie things like this and look SUPER CUTE in them!
or a cute little top like this one along with some super cute, great fitting jeans.
it's not a matter of having these THINGS, it's a matter of feeling good about myself again and WANTING to look cute and be able to FIT into these things. ....okay, the boots....they're an added bonus, I don't need to lose weight to fit into those beauties, i just want them. really bad. size 9 please.
2. Which, should actually be #1. To be closer to God.....to not only pray continually, but to read His word, study it, learn it, and apply it to my daily life. I love the peace of mind that comes along with this also. My heart is so hungry for God, but the day to day life has gotten in the way too often in 2009, and I'm resolving to change that in 2010. For starters, I'm jumping into 2010 by starting the Beth Moore study on Esther. I've heard so many great things about this study. I'm attending this with women I don't even know and that's even more exciting to me - meeting new people who will possibly be some great friends too.
3. Become the wife that my husband NEEDS me to be. I think I do an okay job at this right now, but I want to be better. I have my faults, trust me. We all do. But, my promise to my husband for 2010 is to strive to be EVERYTHING he needs me to be. Wives, we're supposed to help our husbands, be their best friends and their MOST enthusiastic cheerleaders. That's what I want to be and MORE! I stumbled upon this blog the other day. I was browsing through the posts and the post titled The Role of a Wife caught my eye. It is wonderful and I love her perspective! I am going to work toward being a wife like this in 2010.
4. Devote time each week to guitar lessons. I have a beautiful guitar that not only looks great, but sounds great too. I want to put it to use, once and for all. That guitar has a purpose and it hasn't been fulfilling that purpose thanks to its owner. Starting in 2010, I will have a weekly schedule of practicing. I really wanted to get Mike to take a cool picture of me WITH my guitar, but honestly, I haven't had a shower today. Nothing would look cool with me right now. seriously. With that being said......official Martin picture is below. :)
5. Create. I'm going to work on a project at least every other month - something creative and artsy. I'm stepping out on a limb on this one because I don't feel creative all the times. The mood has to strike me in order to be creative. I guess I'll pray that the mood strikes at least every other month. ;)
6. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to Brave Girl Camp! Melody and Kathy are the amazing women behind BGC! To sum it up, they are INCREDIBLE women! Their hearts are 1000% into this and if YOU go, you will NOT be disappointed!!!!! I attended practice BGC in September 2009 and it was incredible. In 2010, I really want to attend the official Brave Girl Camp....as bad as I want those boots!
7. Photography. I want to spend time each week getting to know my camera, and learning how to use it to its fullest potential. I heard about this challenge, and I really want to give it a try. Take at least one photo a day. Read at least one page in your camera manual a day. View other professional images every day. You can sign up at this link to join in the challenge. The most difficult part of photography for me, is editing. I'm just not a fan of it. I know it's supposed to be one of the most fun and rewarding parts of photography, but it is the most time consuming and annoying to me. I am going to try to embrace editing this year (or find someone to do it for me.....).
If you're still reading this, THANK YOU. I know it was long, but I had to put this out there for accountability. Because, now that this is out there, I have to do it. I have to!!! This is going to be a fun, amazing, incredible and miraculous year! Celebrate 2010 with me!!!!!